Goal: Equip first time distance education students with all the resources and orientation needed to familiarize them with the online learning environment.
Role and Responsibilities: Project Manager and Instructional Designer
- Initiated and scoped the project, determined each individual deliverable, coordinated associated resources (Instructional Designers and Multimedia Developers) and managed related timelines.
- Defined Learning Objectives for orientation class delivered via Blackboard, developed content for lessons, gathered relevant videos and created quizzes for knowledge checks.
- Designed printable checklist and a reference document for learners to supplement online lessons.
- Exceeded initial goals by identifying opportunities for growth. In addition to improving online learning experience for existing students, proposed a strategy to recruit prospective students with a webpage for Online Education at Forsyth Tech.
Tools and Software: Canva, Microsoft Publisher, Blackboard, Google Drive
- Invited to participate in the Universal Design for Learning workshop for educators.
- Approached to lead successive projects with CTL.
- Went beyond determined scope of project and demonstrated value of root-cause analysis (What are other contributing factors for low enrollment/ high dropouts from online classes?), adhering to timelines and never losing sight of the big picture from the get-go.
Resources Developed (Work Samples):
- Presentations for Stake-holder Buy-in and Reporting Progress to Stake holders.
- Learning Objectives for Blackboard course (Word Document )
- Storyboard and script for Videos (Google Doc with scene breakdown, supporting on-screen text, suggested visuals, script for narration)
- Content and design for DE webpage, including video (Links to Online Education at Forsyth Tech webpage.)
- Printable resources (Samples below)
Printable documents using Canva and Publisher